American Beautyberry, Nov. 2010.
January 2011 was my greatest month of readership ever, according to the ol' Google Stats. Over 4,900 pageviews! I also surpassed 300 posts, which is really insane! I am grateful that you all continue to stop by to read my stories (or steal my photos). You know, whichever. Either way, since I don't have ads on River Mud, I don't make a penny off of it.
This would be a good time to note the first several consistent readers and commenters I had on River Mud in 2007 and 2008 - interestingly - all of their blogs are still active and are the same age, or older, than mine. Which is quite an oddity, considering that a"high quality" blog lasts an average of 34 months. River Mud is at 41. Some of these guys write better than me, some take better photos than me, and some tell better stories and do more interesting things than I do. You should see for yourself.
Baltimore Urban Revival Blog
The Maine Outdoorsman
Florida Duck Days
Ohio Nature Blog
It's also worth noting my most popular posts of all time (by hits, as of 1/29/11)
3. Now Woodcock, Walk It Out (2009, 951 views)
2. Cicada Killer, Qu'est Que C'est? (2009, 1,479 views)
1. No Alligators in Virginia - None (2010, 1,944 views)
Should I mention that my copyright page has only 16 views? Sigh.
And my most popular (or dubious) posts of all time (by comments)
3. Shooting Tecomate Bucks in the Knee - TV Worth Watching? (2010, 13 comments)
2. Alligators in Virginia - The Science (2010, 14 comments)
1. No Alligators in Virginia - None (2010, 15 comments)
I'd be remiss if I didn't throw in a few posts that I wish you had seen. Please click through if you have a minute:
3. The Best of Bristol Rhythm & Roots (2008)
2. Surfing & Fishing the VA-NC State Line (2009)
1. Light Tackle Lunchbreak at the Chickahominy Headwaters (2009)
Thanks as always, and always feel free to send me comments, suggestions on how I can improve the blog. Compliments too, ha ha. As Esteban says to Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, "I must warn you - I am susceptible to flattery."