|Rediscovering ultralight / fly tackle trout fishing was a highlight of 2011|
1. Find three new high quality fishing spots within an hour of work or home.
2. Catch a 20" trout on any artificial tackle
3. Catch a brook trout on any artificial tackle
4. Catch any trout on artificial fly
5. Catch any bass over 9" long on artificial fly
6. Fish in a state other than Maryland or Virginia
7. Keep and eat a trout, preferably a rainbow.
8. Fish at least twice with at least one new fishing buddy.
1. Honestly evaluate current leasing setup, which is 1h 45m from home. Consider any similar opportunities closer to home or work, even if they cost more. Or, consider not leasing at all until finances improve.
2. Sell whatever gear is necessary to purchase a lightweight Browning 12 gauge for ducks, clays, and small upland birds prior to 9/1/12.
3. Shoot target archery at least monthly, all year.
4. Kill a buck with a bow.
5. Take or at least financially commit to a hunting trip outside of MD, DE, VA.
6. Secure at least 1 new private waterfowl hunting spot and 2 new private bow hunting spots.
1. Enroll Hank in his second round of swimming classes
2. Enroll Hank in an outdoor/nature summer camp for one of the weeks he's out of day care
3. Stop being lazy - teach Hank the proper words for things outdoors, i.e. "sunflower seed" instead of "Birdie Snacks" etc.
4. Have one overnight outdoor experience with Hank, i.e. involving a tent or something similar.
1. Become active in a new sport or new gym by 4/1/12
2. Lose 20 total pounds by 6/1/12 and keep it all off until at least 11/15/12.
3. Get a checkup, either medical or dental, ideally both, but at least one.
1. Do not waste my time on websites where my input is not wanted. It just causes conflict.
2. Post at least one gear review per month, all year
3. Finish the "business plan" for the blog by 6/1/12.
4. Successfully write at least one article/post for a site or blog that has a print version in circulation.
5. Submit at least one post to a literary magazine or website.
6. Average 15,000 pv/month throughout 2012 (@12,000, have never topped 13,000), reach 200 google followers (@115) and 100 FB followers (@51).
7. Find a web designer to do some revamping to the blog's functionality and basic appearance.